In the US market, only the F10SC disinfectant and the F10SCXD cleaner-sanitizer products are available in the market. The F10 product is popular around the world and has products such as F10 Antiseptic liquid soap, F10 hand gel, and F10 Quick Wipes which we hope can be made available soon.
As of now, the F10SC disinfectant and the F10SCXD cleaner-sanitizer are the only products that have US EPA clearance.
On all the US labeled F10 products it is mentioned that there is a 2-year expiration, based on the US EPA guidelines. The 2-year expiration begins when the product is produced in South Africa. The product takes around 3 months to reach the USA which means that this amount of time has already passed from the 24 months.
Based on the tests that have been conducted by the Health and Hygiene (makers of F10 products) on diluted and undiluted samples, it has been observed that the product lasts for a few years after the EPA expiration date that is mentioned. Viva Pet Supplies as an importer of F10 products ensures that there is a regular turnover of products so that there is enough expiration time left, ranging from 1 year to 14+ months.
The F10 product line is popular and in use around the world, even the F10SC disinfectant. Some of the places where their products are in use are Australia, Germany, and the Middle East. Zoos such as,
1. Hong kong zoo (China)
2. London Zoo and Bristol zoo (U.K.)
3. Cincinnati Zoo (U.S.A)
The dilutions will vary based on your use. For,
General disinfection for hard surfaces; dilute 1:500 (2ml for 1 liter of water)
High level of disinfection (such as for hospital-grade); dilute 1:250 (4ml for 1 liter of water)
For most resistant: dilute 1:125 (8ml for 1 liter of water)
At Viva Pet supply, we use 1:250 dilution for reptile cages. The dilutions mentioned above are based on 1-liter water spray bottles. If you use the common 24-ounce bottle, the concentration is required to be 30% less. 1 liter is equal to 34 ounces. (approximately)
The FDA has approved prescriptions only for the veterinary version of the F10SC label. The product is identical to the non-prescription F10SC product for retail, you can ask your veterinarian for details and to be sure.
The various benefits provided are,
1. Rapid kill time is offered by F10SC which is of less than 30 seconds for gram-positive bacteria. It provides 60 secs for gram-negative bacteria and 20 minutes for the canine.
2. F10SCs have a unique benzalkonium chloride and polyhexamethylene biguanide combination of actives and mode of action which makes the chances of microbial resistance minimum.
3. F10SC is non-corrosive, non-toxic, non-tainting, non-irritating, and is aldehyde free.
4. It is highly cost-effective.
5. F10SC has been tested against avian influenza viruses (bird flu) successfully, at a concentration of 1:500 in 10 minutes.
6. It is also ecologically friendly and biodegradable.
7. F10 products are tested, tried, independently verified, and documented. It is approved around the world.